The Quality Assurance Manager shall supervise and provide technical guidance to the QA team for testing applications before moving to production.
He will be responsible for assuring that all applications are defect free, fast and are compliant with technical specifications.
Team Management (Supervisor and Technical Guidance)
- Directly supervises Quality Assurance Team Leads, Performance lead, Automation lead, Quality Bugs Verification team and Third Party Testers.
- Management of team including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development/training activities.
- He will Manage departments /IT COEs overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate testing schedules, costs and resources.
- He will ensure delivery against QA goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedules.
- Provides necessary feedback to dev team for reducing bugs before going to testing team, way of handling bugs during deployment and addressing all phases of product development.
Scrum / Departments Collaboration
- Conduct and Manages Scrum meetings.
- Manages and responds to Software Quality Assurance issues with related groups such as Development, Database, Integration, and Customer Support etc.
- Discuss Challenges, share expectations with product & development team in scrum meetings.
- Planning and execution of applications testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Accountable of flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output. He will have to augment third party resources as per projects delivery.
- Provide effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan. He will also publish a SQA dashboard.
- He will work with Project Managers / PMO to develop project schedules and resource allocation for QA related tasks and projects related to Software Quality Function.
- Build and maintain technology, tools & applications related to quality function like JIRA, Automation framework, test-link, XRay, performance testing tools etc,
- Evaluate new technology in quality domain to reduce cost of quality testing & time without compromising quality.
- Build and capability automation testing framework for regression.
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all dev teams.
- Takes 360 feedback from Dev team, Products team and random users and build an action plan to improve software quality testing.
- Tracks and presents critical bugs going live despite testing. Build Performance Matric of internal testing team based on bugs left untested and going live. Also build a plan to improve process.
- Create and maintain testing environment.
Other Admin Tasks: -
- Establish and maintain policy for documentation of applications.
- Reviews technical and user documentation before making application live and it is sent out to application users.
- Establish policy for end user experience on all applications.
- Create performance benchmark for customer facing and internal users applications.
- Create a check list for dev team before submitting application for quality testing.
- Build vendor echo system for hiring third party testers.
Salary: INR 20,00,000 - 30,00,000 P.A.
Industry: FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: QA/Testing/Documentation
Role: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time